What is the KCSC Adult Sailing Program?
- The Adult Sailing Program offered through the Kenosha Community Sailing center in conjunction with the Kenosha Yacht Club is an opportunity for individuals to learn the basics of sailing. The price is competitive and the fun unlimited.
- Student sailors will learn how a sailboat moves forward (and sometimes backwards) through the water and how to maneuver a sailboat in a variety of conditions.
- The goal is to become a confident crew member on 30 to 40 foot sailboats leading to crewing on club member race boats or checking out KCSC boats.
On the Water sailing
- Following two weeks of classroom instruction, you and your crew members will be given the opportunity to practice those skills on the water.
- The initial meeting will take place at the Yacht Club at 5:30 p.m. to meet your “coach.” At this time you will travel over to the Southport Marina where your boat is docked.
- You will be guided on how to safely maneuver the boat in and out of the slip, power out of the marina and set sail. Boats will be returning about 7:30 p.m.
- All the boats used in this course are personally well maintained by their owners.
- All students and “Coaches” will be required to wear a life-jacket (PFD). It is recommended that you bring your own personal life-jacket. This insures your size and fit.
- Life-jackets will be made available to those who wish to wait to make such a personal investment.
- It is cool on the water so please bring a jacket or sweatshirt. Also, soft-soled shoes (white soles) are required.
- If there is no lightning we will sail – bring a rain jacket!
Adult Sailing Program Course Schedule
Adult - Introduction to Sailing [ Mondays ]
|05/21/2018||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Classroom|
|05/28/2018||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Classroom|
|06/04/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|06/11/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|06/18/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
Adult - Introduction to Sailing [ Tuesdays ]
|05/22/2018||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Classroom|
|05/29/2018||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Classroom|
|06/05/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|06/12/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|06/19/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
Adult - Intermediate Sailing [ Mondays ]
|06/25/2018||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Classroom|
|07/02/2018||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Classroom|
|07/09/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|07/16/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|07/23/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
Adult - Intermediate Sailing [ Tuesdays ]
|06/26/2018||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Classroom|
|07/03/2018||6:00 - 8:00 PM||Classroom|
|07/10/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|07/17/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|07/24/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
Adult - Accelerated Small Boat Sailing
|07/27/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|07/28/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|07/29/2018||Saturday Morning ( Time TBD )||On Water|
|07/30/2018||Sunday Morning ( Time TBD )||On Water|
Adult - Accelerated Keel Boat Sailing
|08/20/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|08/21/2018||5:30 - 8:00 PM||On Water|
|08/25/2018||Saturday Morning ( Time TBD )||On Water|
|08/26/2018||Sunday Morning ( Time TBD )||On Water|